Saturday, July 2, 2011

Skyline Drive- July 2, 2011

Okay, so I created this blog to document our travels...and it's been a year since I created it...and this is only my 3rd post. We really DID ride last year, however, it's hard to get Wayne to stop long enough to take pictures!!

Today we spent our 34th wedding anniversary riding down to Skyline Drive in Shenandoah, VA. It was a beautiful day! We left about 7am and turned into the park at 10:30am. That was after a quick breakfast stop at McDonald's! It took us about 3 hours to ride through the park. I was able to get Wayne to stop at a couple overlooks to take some pictures of the bikes and the scenery.

Check out the map of Skyline Drive:

102 miles of elevation changes, twisties, sweeping turns and the most beautiful views you could ask for. Here are a couple pictures we took on our ride:

My Vegas:

Wayne's Vision:














We're planning on heading out to Sturgis in late July! We should get some great pictures while out there!! I'm really looking forward to my first trip out that way! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment